I was joking around last month that if we can have self-cleaning ovens, we should have self-cleaning laundry, bathrooms, dishes, and floors by 2020. I was saying this because I was mopping my floors, getting a major workout that left me disgustingly sweaty, and wishing I didn't have to do it ever again.
This month I thought I'd try a new "recipe," one where I actually scrubbed up against the cupboards and on my baseboards. I thought I'd try this one.
Words like "Spotless," "Streak-free," and "Smelling amazing," hooked me. I mixed all ingredients, donned my rubber gloves, and got down on my hands and knees for an hour as I scrubbed each and every tile throughout our entire main level. We had it measured last year when we had a professional come in and deep clean the tile and grout-- that's 900 sq. feet of tile!
By the time I was done with the other side of the house, I came to find this at my beginning. I wanted to cry. Now I was a sweaty mess with burning thighs and streaked, unscented floors. Since I'd gone to all of the trouble to get clean floors, I couldn't just shrug and say "See you in a month, floors," so I grabbed my Swiffer Wet Mop and got to work.
15-minutes later, arms jello, knees shaking, and back blazing, I got this. That's AFTER my Spotless, Streak-free, smells amazing floor cleaner. Swiffer Wet Mop forever more.
It kind of sucks that it takes so much for something that no one really appreciates anyway. What do we care about clean tile floors? It's not as if we have crawling babies or eat on them-- my family doesn't even really think about the floors. Maybe floors move to my #1 of self-clean needs after today, where it was bathrooms one month ago. And now I'm off to the dentist for a filling because I suck at flossing. Best. Day. Ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment