The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Monday, April 1, 2019

Rake

Because I tend to go a bit overboard while raking, as evidence of my back problems since 2016, I was overjoyed when Randy suggested we hire someone to power rake our yard this year.  I knew it would pull up a bunch of underbrush dead grass, but I was still amazed at just how much.
One particularly bad spot in our side yard.  I couldn't get a good picture as he was working in this area, because I felt like a creeper taking pictures of him working from our window, but I was estatic as I watched it bring up so much.
 Because the windows I was looking out were so far away from him, I felt like I could try and capture a few from this vantage point.  I'm not sure why it weirded me out, but it did.  I certainly wouldn't like someone taking pictures of me while I was working in the yard.  I love the line to his left where he hasn't worked, and the layer of dead grass he's brought to the surface all over the yard to his right.
 There ended up being four piles in the front, three piles in the side yard from above, two piles from the side yard near our driveway, and four piles in the backyard.  Then he edged the entire yard, and mowed.  All for the amount it would have cost for us to rent the thatcher and do it all ourselves.  Not too shabbidy-shab!

Glorious!

No comments:

Post a Comment