I feel like we're forever working on this spot. That pond is in the absolute worst spot, with all of those leaves and debris always falling in it and truly mucking it up, but man do I love the sound of that water trickling down. I cannot wait until we get a block wall fence that expands our back yard while taking away from our side/front yard, so we can move the trampoline off of this amazing fire pit area.
We started snipping the ivy vines and tearing them out. After years and years of not doing a single thing about them, they'd gotten so thick it was a chore just to snip them with the pruning shears. We each had to take turns because our backs and arms were getting so tired. You'd think the hauling away would be the hardest part of that job, but it was almost a relief to be told you could be the one that hauled them to the trailer, the cutting and snipping was so intense. It may sound so boring and bland, but we're just going to put down the same river rock that is around the entire yard here, sans ivy vines. One day we'll figure out what bushes and plants to add color, but for now, we just want the ivy gone.
8x8 trailer
After our backs could take it no more, I asked Randy if he'd take me to a flower shop to just look at colors. I didn't want to buy anything, I just needed to see something that wasn't brown and dead. I want to find a place to plant these beauties. Aren't they gorgeous. One day our yard will have more than grass and river rock, I guarantee it, because I also want one of these...
It feels so good to work together. I love working side-by-side with my Mister, even if I don't feel 100%.
No comments:
Post a Comment