Our neighbors are the best. I'm serious, we've always been blessed to have the best neighbors, people that we can get along with and not mind sharing a fence with, but these ones are the best. Not only do they come to support our kids' activities, even going so far as to send them letters in the mail if they cannot make it, but they throw things over the fence when they're jumping on the tramp. If we have friends over, say on a Wednesday, they count the kids and then send over enough candy for all. It is seriously the coolest thing. I want to be like them when I grow up.
As I was walking around the neighborhood, Jane drove up next to me and asked, "If we happen to throw some Easter Eggs over the fence before we leave for Italy, would Mira get them? Dick just has so many ideas for your kids!" My heart, it kind of melted. And then I got this text from her the night before they left early the next morning.
I'm not even joking when I say it felt like Christmas morning running out front to see what they'd done. Words cannot describe my emotions when I saw this.
I know it is hard to see, but those are Easter baskets hanging from our tree.
As the sun came up, I actually set my alarm a little early so that I could wake the kids and have them go out. With Keilie and Shelby leaving well before the boys, I wanted to make sure they all got them at the same time, and so I could get a picture. Isn't it so adorable that the "Easter Bunny" left a trail?!
I also love the ribbon, far up in the tree, that doesn't have a basket tied to the end of it. *I know it is super hard to see, but it is waving in the top right-hand corner of the above picture, curling just above the cloud line* That one is for Caden in Heaven. I will not take that ribbon down-- it will come down on its own someday. It's a daily reminder of the friends that love our kids enough to give them gifts, but love me enough to let me know that they'll never forget my Caden.
Happy Easter to the Dirks' kids from Dick and Jane Carlton. Or as we call them, Grandpa Carlton and Grandma Jane. I love my neighbors so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment