With the annual Father and Sons campout this past weekend, the girls and I planned to do something fun together. A few days before Friday, Shelby was invited to a friend's swimming birthday party from 6:30-10:00pm. This meant that Keilie had a choice to make. I gave her three options: Go out with friends, invite a bunch of friends over for a party, or a date with me.
"I hang out with my friends, like, every weekend. I just want to hang out with you."
My heart could not have been more full! We left with the boys at 3:00pm on Friday afternoon; them for camping, us for shopping. We looked for a gift for Brooklyn, went to dinner at Red Robin (*don't forget their glee when it wasn't fast food-- "Red Robbin?! YES!!!"*), then went shopping for ourselves. It was so much fun!! While dropping Shelby off, Keilie quickly did some homework upstairs in her room. I gave her the space she needed, so she didn't feel like she needed to spend time with me instead of getting her homework done, and was so, so happy when she plugged her phone in in another room and sat down for chick flicks with me. She was fully, 100% with me for the rest of the night. I was in heaven!
Yesterday, while Keilie was at a dance, Tyson was at Jaxson's, and Shelby was relaxing for some downtime from homework, Brennon asked if he could go to the store with me. While walking in, he asked if he could hold my hand. Again, my heart was so full. My 11-year old son asked to hold my hand, not self-conscious of who might see!
It's been a week since Mother's Day, but my kids are still finding ways to give me gifts. I'm the luckiest girl in the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment