The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Ticks

Brennon came home from a hike with the 11-year old Scouts tonight almost in tears.  "Mom, you need to check me right. now!  We found a lot of ticks on us!  I had nine on me already!"  Knowing we need to check some pretty private areas, I told him to go out back and sent Randy to check him out.  As he was standing outside waiting for Randy to come, I saw him physically become more anxious and fearful.  With Brennon's clothes in the washer and Brennon upstairs for a shower, when all is said and done, he found 11 ticks on his person tonight.

After his shower, Brennon told us all of the stories from during and after their hike, all about the many, many ticks they found.  His face is so expressive, his hands moving through the air in big movements-- he's absolutely adorable when he tells stories!  "I was shaking so bad.  Even when I was in the shower, I could not stop my shaking.  I don't think I want to go to sleep tonight."  Poor little Brennon.

I got a text from the advisor, apologizing for "hiking in the spot where ticks are made."  He and Brennon tied for ticks flicked or pulled off themselves.  Guess I know where not to go anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment