This is going to be one of those posts where you want to slap me and say, "First World Problem," but I am a whiner, so I'm going to write about it. Grandkids, patience is a virtue, so do as I say, not as I do!
I love the Walmart Pickup app. I have had many, many great experiences being able to "shop" for things that I need as I look through my cupboards, and pick it up on Monday morning before the kids go to school. I feel so accomplished, somehow, when the shopping is picked up and put away by 7:30am, even though I wasn't the one to actually go to the store, place them in the basket as I walked aisle after aisle, and then load them into my car. Walmart Pickup, where were you in Casper when I had five kids under 8 years old?!
As I was selecting a time to pick up my groceries, I chose the 7:00-8:00 slot, because it literally said, "Less Busy." Done! I love Less Busy things! I got a text at 6:55, though, saying that they weren't finished with my order, and to please wait for another text before coming. So I waited. At 7:16 I got the text, by 7:24 we were pulling up to Pickup. The second I saw the scene, I was ready to leave. All 15 spots were filled, with one car waiting. But Randy said we should wait. So I did.
By the time it was 7:45, I was getting antsy. Truly, the only thing we needed that night was milk, so I told him that we should just cancel the order, go in a grab a gallon of milk, and just go shopping for real tomorrow. He called them to see what the wait time was. They said 30 minutes. This was good enough for him. I was fuming. I watched the door like a hawk over the changing digits of our clock. At one point, they had only one person loading cars. At another, no one came in our out of that door for a full 10 minutes. Three times, someone came out with an order, only to walk that order right back in. I was getting SO grumpy, and told Randy that I was done, that I just wanted to cancel, that this was the worst way to spend a Friday night, that we didn't even need the groceries that bad. Since it had been the 30 minutes, he called again. They told him that we were third in line.
Now, by the time they brought us our stuff, they were SUPER apologetic. They'd let us know that we could just come back the next day, but Randy didn't want to. They apologized again and again as they practically threw our groceries in the trunk. I did feel bad for them, but I was also very upset. I'm fairly certain I burned rubber as I sped out of the stall for home. From the time we got there to the time we left was an hour and ten minutes! All for a stupid gallon of milk (and other things, but we didn't need those that night). As we were cleaning out the last of the groceries, Tyson said, "So, where's the milk?" I'm not even joking, the rage that exploded in my body reminds me of the fire that comes from Anger on Inside Out. I was boiling. Randy called, because he knew I couldn't. We got back in the car and headed back.
We got our cold stuff within 30 seconds of pulling in, again being apologized to profusely, but I still felt a bunch of stress seeing the other 8 cars that had been there when we left. I'm pretty sure one or two of the cars had been there longer than we had. Because corporate doesn't want to lose too much money during this season, they told all employees that they couldn't get overtime. As soon as the shift ended, they were to go home. That meant they had to scramble to find salaried employees to come into the department, learn how to operate it, and get the groceries out to the waiting cars-- their hands were tied, they had to go home. What a joke. Except no one is laughing! I still feel so much anger thinking about it!! And, honestly, it took time for me to fall asleep, because I was still just so keyed up with rage that we waited an HOUR AND TEN MINUTES for a gallon of milk that we had to go back for! Blah!
No comments:
Post a Comment