The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Youth

Coming home from such an amazing weekend is a bit hard.  We got to see so many friends and family, it's always hard to come home knowing we won't see some of them for a very long time, maybe even never again.  We missed Dan & Karen's family, who all got diagnosed with the flu just days before. 

As usual, I have loads of unpacking, laundry, and work to do, so I only have time to quickly write something that I don't want to forget-- it doesn't have a picture to jog my memory.  For reference:
10-hour drive on Thursday, 6-hour drive on Friday, 5.5 hour drive on Sunday, 9-hour drive on Monday.  All-in-all, 30 hours in the car in a 5-day period.  That's a lot of time in the car!

{Setting} We're about half-way done with our Sunday drive, exhausted from such a whirlwind activity, anxious to get to my parent's, when Tyson pipes up, again, with the most annoying, persistent noises.  Like a broken record, he just keeps going and going.

Randy:  "Tyson!  Stop!  Why do we have to keep telling you to stop?!"
(Immediately, without even a single-breath's thought) Tyson: "Because I am young and immature..."

Annoyed feelings gone, replaced by shock and laughter.  It didn't get us to our destination any quicker, but it sure lightened up the mood in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment