And just like that, Brennon's sold his first piece of art!
I was the very first person to contact this man, so he said he really appreciates us. We, however, were the last of the five kids he's purchased art from, due to our sickness a few weeks ago. He asked Brennon about his ideas and designs, and we had a good laugh as what we'd interpreted was actually way off base.
The square structures on the ground are homes, the round-roof structures above are an alien invasion. They're gathering supplies. The structure on the right is gathering pizza slices, which had us giggling in the parking lot of Starbucks, standing 6' apart for health safety. He told Brennon that he was a very talented artist and that he was really excited to own something drawn by someone that has such a fun imagination.
I have to almost repent. I had compared Brennon's first-ever drawing to some of the other pictures and thought what Tyson had thought, that you could tell it was not as refined as some of the others. But those other pictures didn't capture the interest of this curator, they weren't sold. I am so, so proud of my little Brennon. What a neat story he'll have to tell about his first-ever drawing that was first chosen by his art teacher and then purchased for resale through a gallery. Just neat.
Seriously so awesome.
ReplyDelete