The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Saturday, April 11, 2020

Fortress

I have hated the upkeep of the pond in our backyard since the first week we moved in.  I LOVE the sound and love the look of beautiful, clear water falling down the rocks, but the placement of a pond under trees does not allow for clear water for more than a few days.  We decided to start disassembling it now that we have unlimited time together with nothing better to do than move rock around.  Let me tell you, the rocks they used are gorgeous, which you couldn't really see under all of the vines.  As soon as we saw these rocks, we knew we were going to move them to our island.  Hence the addition of my beautiful Dogwood and Burning Bush.  I have plans to order some tulips (since I can't go to the Tulip Festival this year as planned) and hope to have more color pops next year.
(How many can say they got to go to an island during the quarantine?!  I can!)

I wish landscaping wasn't so expensive.  I don't mind the work of landscaping, but I do mind the cost.  I love looking at and shopping for flowers, love working in the dirt, and love, love, love standing back to look at the work you've done to make your land your own.  I hope to see a block wall fence in this view someday, too.  I think the red of the wall would pull the colors of the house and roof together beautifully.  I would love to have an extended backyard and a more definite front yard.  I once had a friend that said she didn't like fences because it made homes look more like fortresses.  I want the fortress look.  My goodness, I love my home, inside and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment