Before bed on Saturday night, Randy and I plotted our revenge for the six games of Hide-and-Seek in the form of hiding places for our Easter Egg Hunt. Over the years, through many different parties and hunts, I've accumulated over 200 plastic eggs. I don't have many things that people could categorize as "hoarder," but my Easter Eggs are at the top of the list. After filling only 21 eggs per child, I decided to save a stash of candy for Randy and myself, and fill four large eggs as an ultimate prize. Some years we've only done one large egg, some years we've done cash, this year I stuffed them with fifteen plus candies in four, to make up for the quarantine. But Randy wasn't going to make them easy to find.
"Steph, I just thought of the best hiding spot!"
He rushes out to the garage, comes in, and with a grand flourish that endeared him to me even more, cut a massive hole in the bottom of our Kleenex box.
"That way, they'll feel down into the tissues, but probably won't expect the egg!"
He was right. We had to help the kids find about 10 eggs (remember, there were 84 small ones hidden around the bottom level of our home-- thank you stupid wind), but let them fret and stew about the large eggs for a while. And by a while, I mean an hour and twenty minute Easter egg hunt at the Dirks' house.
"Ask us to play Hide-and-Seek one more time. I dare you!"
I think our kids have got the message: When we plan, we plan. Our night-before Easter shenanigans played out in a much more fun outcome than our night-before April Fools debacle. When it was over and they were emptying their eggs and counting their candy, we all planned fun times ahead to when they brought their kids to Grandpa and Grandma's house for diabolical egg hunts with many little eggs, and the golden goose egg of all time.
No comments:
Post a Comment