The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Boys at Barbie

 I have wanted to see Barbie in theaters for a few months now.  I'm not sure why, exactly, I just think it looks fun.  Due to schedules and such, and maybe a lack of real motivation, I haven't gone yet.  So I find it so funny that Tyson, my teenage son, put together a friend-group date to go see Barbie in theaters before anyone else in our family has seen it.  Three teenage boys met at the theater to see Barbie!

Not only that, but Tyson asked if he could purchase a shirt just for the occasion while we were school shopping.  "It's not just for that, because I really do like it, it's just not one that I'd normally buy without a reason."

After the show, I asked if he liked it.  "Yeah, it was good.  I wore sunglasses the whole time."

As one who needs to wear sunglasses in theaters, because I have flashes and floaters in my eyes that really hurt without ambient lighting, I worried that he, too, had the same issues.  When I asked him why, his response made me smile:

"I just wanted to look cool."

No comments:

Post a Comment