Tyson had his very first soccer practice tonight for the Libby Middle School team We've had warm temps the past few days, but tonight was the hottest we've had for a few weeks at 103 degrees. Because school doesn't start until tomorrow, we needed to work out getting the kids to and from practice. I took one for the carpool moms team and signed up to take and pickup, thinking it would be good to get a few steps in by walking around the track. Did I know it was going to be so hot? NOPE!
Randy was a good sport and came with me. When I was getting water bottles ready, ours and Tyson's, they both asked if someone else was going because I'd gotten an extra water bottle filled with ice and water as a backup. They scoffed. Even that was not enough. How grateful Randy and I were that they built a corner market just up the street from Libby because we went through all three water bottles within the first HOUR of practice, and there was still half an hour to go.
I was a nervous wreck the entire time because of how Randy and I were feeling. Just walking around a track, not even trying to get our heart rate up, had us feeling beaten down. Each time we took a drink, I worried that Tyson hadn't had as many opportunities and was simply miserable.
Tyson, telling Keilie all about practice: "I didn't even notice the heat until we stopped for a water break, and there is Mom and Dad complaining about walking around the track! I was running and it wasn't even that bad."
103 degrees, running in full-on sun, for an hour and a half. Incredible.
He may not care, but I am beyond grateful that tomorrow's high is supposed to be 82!
No comments:
Post a Comment