The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Happy-Sad

 The kids are back in school.

I remember a time when I counted down the days to First Day.  I was exhausted and overwhelmed from the daily grind of raising five littles.  The messes they made that were "too big" for them to clean up without my assistance, the clothes they wore that needed cleaning (especially socks), the food they needed to eat; the necessities were hard enough.  But wanting to be a Fun Mom, I would set aside those necessities until it became a chore so I could focus on them, my beautiful babes, as much as possible.  This meant I was swimming in the current of wonderful activity, yet drowning in waves of unending chores.  School was the breath I so desperately needed between those crashing waves.

But today, my house is clean.  The kids made their own lunches, packed their own backpacks, and chose their own clothes that they washed themselves.  I've had years of easy breathing, especially without cancer care.  I don't need a break.  I'm no longer drowning.

Motherhood: I'm happy they are happy, even when it breaks my heart.

Shelby- Junior, Brennon- Sophomore, Tyson- 8th (last year in Middle School)

No comments:

Post a Comment