The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Chicken Salad

 Conversation with Sister Missionaries:

Me: We are hosting you for dinner tomorrow.  1) What time works best for you? and 2) What sounds good?  I love doing requests!!  If you want dessert as well, let me know what sounds good.  If not, I will not have one.  We are excited to have you in our home.  Would you possibly come with stories of temple experiences that made an impact on your lives?

Sisters: Sweet! Thanks so much for having us! 1) 5:00 pm and 2) Chipotle Chicken Salad.  We would love to share stories of the temple experiences we've had!

Me: You are going to laugh, but we need clarification.  When I told my family the request for tomorrow, no joke, we all interpreted it differently.

1) The actual restaurant, Chipotle-- Chicken Salad, 2) Chicken Salad that you put on Croissants that is flavored with Chipotle seasoning, 3) Sald with Chipotle ranch-style dressing, 4) Chicken that is marinated in a Chipotle sauce that is served over salad.

Sisters: #3.  Sorry for the confusion!!

Me: No worries!!  This is one of those instances where we're shown in a simple way that we don't all think the same, but no one is wrong.  Just fun.

For the record: Randy is the one that interpreted their meal choice correctly.  He was right.  I was less-right.

No comments:

Post a Comment