Last night I had the surreal opportunity to take Caden to a Middle School Open House. He is SO excited!! Me, not so much. I felt so old walking around, meeting the teachers, looking for the library & gym, and just being there with him. I still can't believe that my oldest is so old! I know he'll do well, I know he'll be fine, I know he can't wait, but a serious part of me wanted to take him away from that place and hide him away from the world forever. I'm scared for the influences that will be introduced. We're entering a new chapter in our kids' lives and I'm just a little nervous. He was counting on his fingers as we were on our way home. I asked him what he was trying to figure out. He said, "When I'm in 8th grade, Keilie will be entering middle school." I'm not ready for that either! The year Caden enters High School, I will be enrolling my youngest in Kindergarten! I know I'm getting ahead of myself by a couple of years (like 3) but man, reality hit me pretty hard last night as I was taking my sweet baby boy to a big boy school! It's like his short life passed before my eyes and I was powerless to stop him from growing once again. I remember thinking that time was going by so slow when I was excited to be grown. I remember hearing that it would go fast. I've blinked and now my son is old.
No comments:
Post a Comment