The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Friday, January 27, 2012

Shelby Stage

"Mom, did you know that when I'm in my bed and I close my eyes, I can't see?  ANY.THING!"
"Mom, did you know that mom's are girls and dad's are men?"
"Mom, this is seriously the most wonderful day!"
While looking at anything but me, "Mom, you are so beautiful."
"Brennon, you are my big brother because you are so big.  You can write your name and that makes you big."
"Mom, don't you remember?  I don't like yucky food!"

Shelby has been in the stage I love the most about kids.  She has been saying some of the funnest things.  Since her birthday is Sunday, she's been getting cards in the mail.  Wednesday, she got her first one from Grandpa and Grandma Dirks.  I opened the envelope and handed her the card expecting her to look inside.  She squealed and just stared at the card.  She walked around for 10 minutes before Caden asked her if she'd opened it.  When she saw the money fall out, she did another high-pitched-little-girl squeal.  However, the card was enough for her!  I love her innocence so much!  Still can't believe she's going to be five!

No comments:

Post a Comment