Keilie & Shelby's Elementary
Friday was supposed to be the girls' first day of school. Shelby got up early, dressed herself, made her own breakfast of juice and bread, and sat by the front window to wait for the bus. She was so excited to go to school! Little did she know that things weren't going to turn out the way she planned. Randy happened to be home, so he came with me. Keilie and I had toured the school the day before, so we kind of knew what to expect. TONS OF KIDS! This schools' fourth grade alone has more kids than the entire Bar Nunn Elementary! You could fit Bar Nunn Elementary in this building at least 1.5 times. There are kids ev.er.y.where! So, on Friday, we took Keilie up to her class to meet her teacher (who is out for maternity leave until April) and then show her how to get to Shelby's class. Shelby practically danced around the school. She just couldn't wait to meet her friends and teacher. The moment we got into the class and started talking to the teacher I knew there was going to be a problem. She asked if there was any way that I would consider putting her into the PM class since there were less kids. I didn't mind at all since we came from a Kindergarten class of 17 to now a class where she'd be number 27. PM would make her the 25th. The only drawback to the whole thing was Parent Teacher Conference. They mixed up the schedule so that AM went one morning, PM went the other, and so on, so that the teachers could take the afternoons to have PTC. This happened to be an AM day. Shelby was told to grab her things and come back on Tuesday. She did alright, but you could tell she was SO sad. So, come Tuesday, she was up early, dressed, breakfast of Nutella on Bread, with coat and backpack on by the time I woke up. She was ready and there was no stopping her today. I'm super sad that she came from full-day to half-day. She is already reading and doing 1st grade work, so it's hard to send her when they're learning one letter a week. Her teacher actually said that she could help the other kids' learn. So, on the times she's home, I'm going to work with her. Just one more way to get in that extra snuggle. Especially since she's almost 6!

No comments:
Post a Comment