This morning Shelby was in a tither because the wand that she got from Chuck E. Cheese got broken. I'm not sure how she didn't realize that if you leave a little plastic toy on the hard stools, when someone sits on it without realizing, it's going to get smashed. She came up to our room in hysterics, "Mom, Dad, we need to go to Chuck E. Cheese today and return this for a new one. Mine's broken!!"
When we were getting ready to leave, we let our kids pick out a gift for their closest friends. Shelby gave one to Kennedy (of course) and Havyn from school. Havyn brought Shelby a BEST FRIENDS necklace with matching bears to remind Shelby of the bear she'd given her. The next day Shelby came and showed me that one of the arms of the bear was gone. "Don't worry, Mom! I'll just take it back to Havyn and have her Mom buy me a new one."
On this wonderful day of Thanks, I'm so grateful that I don't have anything I'd like to return. I'm so Thankful for...
My Body, Randy, My Kids, My Mom, My Dad, My Sisters, Jackie, Darwin, My In-Laws, Friends, My Home, Food, Randy's Job, Laughter, Books, Movies, Color, Grass, Our Cars, My Piano, Talents, Health, Mountains, Reese's, My Bed, My Pillow, Blue Blankie, School, Living Prophet, Book of Mormon, Temples (especially a close one!), Washer, Dryer, Dishwasher, Telephones, Email, Texting, Internet, Electricity, Toilets, Doctors, Law Enforcement, Hospitals, Medicine, Nature's Sunshine, Candles, Vacuum, Oven, Nature, Carpet, Money, Bread, Date Night.
These are in no particular order, however, there is one that will always be at the top of my list. My Savior. My Redeemer. How Thankful I am to have the atonement, to repent of my sins and have the chance to live with my Heavenly Father again. To hopefully have my family by my side if we all live faithful and endure to the end. I like to imagine that we're all holding hands, smiles on our faces, clothes a little tattered to show that we really lived and learned and loved. Tears in our eyes as we look upon the face of the One that gave us the most amazing gift. A Choice.
No comments:
Post a Comment