So, mingled in with me trying to finish up getting my house put together and organized, I've been trying to make more homemade food now that I know where all of my stuff is. It's not as if we were going out to eat every meal, but for a while there, we went at least once a day. Yuck for the salt/calories, Yay for ease/yummy:) So, I sat down and found a few recipes and projects from Pinterest.
Homemade Granola Bars1/4 C. Butter
1/4 C. Honey
1/3 C. Packed Brown Sugar
2 C. Oats
1 C. Rice Krispies
~In a small sauce pan melt Butter, Honey, and Sugar. Let boil for two minutes. Pour over dry mix and pat into 9x9 pan lined with wax paper. Use butter on your hands to help with sticking. Sprinkle 2 Tablespoons of Mini Chocolate Chips and lightly pat. Let set for 2 hours, cut into desired shape, and wrap. My kids liked them more than any other dessert we've had in a while. Even the cookies below...
Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies
I just used my favorite Peanut Butter cookie recipe and then sandwiched two together with Nutella. They said they were good, but like the granola better. Yay for my kids liking the healthy choice better!
Magnet Makeup
Since we have such a small house (that I love more and more each day and with each new organization project) I wanted to have a way to keep my make up off the counter and out from under the sink. I found this project and knew I could do it and love it. Sorry for the awful pictures of each, but knowing that my computer won't download my camera for some reason, I knew I'd need my phone camera to get it documented before next year! I simply got a 12x12 frame, put a piece of metal behind the paper, and glued magnets onto the backs of the stuff I use most often. There are other things that I only use on special occasions, but for the most part, this is my haul. Kinda fun. I love looking for ideas of how I can have my house more organized. And decorated. And good food in my belly. And a good laugh! I love Pinterest.



No comments:
Post a Comment