The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Friday, May 10, 2013

Mess

I have been enlisting the kids to do a lot more cleaning lately.  They are now using Clorox wipes to do more things than ever.  It used to be only door handles, then became the whole door, then countertops, now toilets and surrounding floors.  Shelby is master of toilets, Brennon is master of countertops/sinks, and Tyson is master of handles.  It's awesome.  Maybe not the most money conscience or GREEN, but when you have a household of 7, I don't really care how it gets done, just that it does.  So, when Shelby came into my bathroom and found a mess that Tyson had made on the countertop that she'd cleaned yesterday, I felt her pain when she cried, "I just cleaned that countertop yesterday!"  Literally cried!  Shelby...Welcome.to.my.life.  EVERYDAY!!!  Every second!!!!  That girl better grow tougher skin if she is going to be a mom.  Messes are a part of the job description.  Doesn't mean you have to like it, just realize that they're going to happen.  A bunch when you have kids like mine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment