The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

WICKED 2013

On May 3rd, I flew out of Pasco, WA at 6:00AM headed for Dallas, TX.  I got a birthday weekend away to visit Ashlee and see WICKED for the third birthday in a row.  I didn't get to Ashlee's until 6:30PM, so it was a very full day of waiting around the airport and long flights, but it was well worth it!!  I got a few days with these cuties...

 
 McKaylee!  She turns 6 in a few weeks.  She is very smart and read me a book with little difficulty.  She was a joy to be around and a very sweet little princess.  Love her!  These are after bathtime, so their hair is still wet.  However, it doesn't detract from their beauty.  Or stellar personalities!
 Austen.  I'm pretty sure these are the only pictures I was able to get with her.  She just turned 2 and is a mover.  She has the sweetest little sassy personality.  Just love her.  She is the only one with blue eyes in their little family.  How fun is that?!

 Of course we had to do a funny face pose!!  I wouldn't be the favorite if not for my fun side:)  Or goofy side, however you want to look at it.  All I know is I'm a favorite of at least one of them:)
 Ash with her girls for a Mother's Day shot.  It's not the one that turned out the cutest, but I had to show Austen's cute face.  Isn't she adorable!!!  And those eyes!!
 On Sunday after church, Ash taught me how to make fondant for cakes.  This isn't anything special, but we did go over the basics.  I have since made one on my own as a refresher and will unveil my wicked skills this week for Caden's 12th birthday.  Weird!  12?!
 Don't mind my bangs, I had to pull my hair back for full concentration on this adventure.  I should have checked my do before:)

 Daphnee.  She will turn 5 in August.  I know we shouldn't have favorites when it comes to family, but she's as close to one as there can be.  When I remember Ashlee in my memories of our childhood, Daphnee is what I see when I think of Ash.  She is her carbon copy.  Much like everyone tells me Keilie is to me.  She is the sweetest little cutie.  She reminds me so much of Ashlee.  Even with her defiant streaks.  It's said that when Ashlee was little she'd do exactly what she wanted, even if mom and dad were watching and telling her no.  "Don't stick your finger in that light socket.  It will sting!"
STING!
 After dinner on Sunday, I had about 30 minutes to relax before getting on a plane for more flying.  I tried to nap- just kidding.  We had McKaylee take pictures of us pretending to sleep.  This is the only one that worked out of 10 that she took.  I just couldn't stop laughing.  Daphnee, on the other hand, was awesome!  She's going to be an actress.  She didn't break a smile even once.  She's good!!!
My favorite of all of these girlies is this one.  She is the best friend I've had my whole life.  While at church, someone said they were shocked to see we were even related.  He is a geneticist by profession and said it's his job to find similarities and could find none in us.  However, he must have missed our personalities, voice, and sheer love for one another.  We have been so blessed in our lives to have one another.  I think the hardship and passing of our little sister when we were so young has bound us together for life.  We call each other regularly, laugh together, cry together, vent together, and just love everything about one another.  How lucky I am to have her for my own!  We had a WICKED time!  We both agreed that this was our most favorite Elphaba of all- by far.  She's seen it four time, this is my third.  I'm glad we got to see it together.  I'm not sure if I'll ever see it again, so I'm glad it was with her!!  I love you, Ashlee!  You complete me- always have, always will!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the cake! I think you need to teach me how to get the fondant that smooth over a circle - mine always has waves. :) I'm so glad you got to go to Wicked again and spend time with Ashley. I'm still jealous I couldn't see it again too! :)

    ReplyDelete