The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Friday, August 23, 2013

Braces

 Timeline of Caden's Braces!!
October 22, 2012
December 11, 2012
  August 21, 2013 
 Dr. Parkinson does this for every patient that gets their braces off.  The entire staff gathers in the hallway and celebrates the accomplishment.  While we were waiting for him to emerge, we were all talking about the day we got our braces off.  One woman said it was on her top 10 best days of her life.  I would say top 20 for me.  They asked if I had been give a fanfare.  Nope!  And all at once I felt jipped, but happy that my kids would get one.

 I wish these two pictures could be morphed.  I love the smiles of the staff on the top one, but LOVE the smile of Caden in the bottom!  Doesn't he look so handsome?!  And grown up!  I got a little teary watching him come toward me.  I sure love this boy!
 They have each braces-free patient sign a ceiling tile that they place throughout the office.
 Since Caden is a natural small writer, I told him to go big.  This was BIG for him.
 Ta-Da!  Braces free!  Wish the blinds hadn't been drawn like that, I hate the shadows on this beautiful smile!
 December 11, 2012- August 21, 2013
253 Days
36 Weeks and 1 Day
8 months 1 Week and 3 Days 
The very next day he went to 7th grade registration where he got his Yearbook photo- sans braces, how cool is that?!  We were able to find his locker, tour the class route that will be his for the next year, and see Mackenzie, the girl he thinks is cute.  All the while I caught him running his top lip over his slimy teeth.  I remember those first few days well:) 
Congratulations, Caden!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I swear it seems like he got them on last week. I'm sure it doesn't feel like that to him. His teeth look GREAT! It kinda makes me want to get braces to fix my teeth. Kinda.

    ReplyDelete