Don't judge. This was taken Saturday afternoon. We stayed up late playing games, laughing, and talking, and ended up all looking a bit tired. Still magnificent, but tired. Good times tend to do that to Ya!
(L to R) Emily, Carly, Jamie, Mary, Mwah
I take it back. I am the only tired-looking one.
Through a mix-up with the hotel, we didn't get the two queen-bed room with a couch that we ordered. This meant that one of us slept in a very tight spot. Emily took one for the team. She slept on pillows with extra blankets in.the.closet! Thank you, Emily!!!
While I was away recharging my burnt-out battery, my Mister was being the best. He taught the boys to ride their bikes without training wheels.
He told Brennon that kids usually learn to ride their bikes before age 6, and he is now 7. Brennon's immediate reply? "Yeah, well I'm only 1." And so Randy's Leap Day birthday wish comes back to bite him. Not to worry, Tyson was all-too ready to learn.
Well, this just would not do! Brennon's competitive spirit woke from it's infinite slumber and reared it's beautiful head. Brennon picked up his bike and learned for himself.
And just like that, Randy wins the Best Dad In The Universe award, and we have zero training wheels left at the Dirks' home!!!
We got $1.00 cones at McDonald's to celebrate. Since I missed the actual event, we took them out and had them circle around the street light's glow. It made Brennon uber nervous, but he did it for me. I'm sad to say that I didn't have time to grab my pon-pons, but I did bust out a few moves and my cheer-voice for my sons. It was one of those times that I didn't care how crazed/ridiculous I looked, my kids were going to hear me cheer LoUd for their accomplishments. They will always know that their mom will scream at the top of her lungs when they conquer their fears and follow their dreams.
It also needs to be noted that he taught our kids the wonderful art of kick ball. And he also had them clean the garage and house. I am the luckiest girl in the world.





No comments:
Post a Comment