The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Mutual

Tonight was a surreal night for me.  Because Keilie will be going to 7th grade next year and is celebrating her 12th birthday before the end of the summer, she is eligible to go to Girl's Camp this year.  And it hit me all over again that my daughter will be moving into the Young Women's organization.  The happiest years of my childhood include countless memories of both Young Women's and Girl's Camp.  And now my Keilie is old enough to go.  I am happy for her.  Thrilled, in fact.  I know she is going to love it. 

That's not to say that I loved having Shelby, Brennon, and Tyson super hyper in the car while we waited an extra 20 minutes (plus seven minutes because I hate being late to anything) for them to get done with their meetings tonight.  The first night when Keilie and Caden go together was ill-planned.  I think I'm going to break my own rule and be late picking them up.  They will have a much funner time waiting an extra five minutes for me than I will have being early for them.  It gives me hives thinking of being late, but man, did I want to scream at my kids to BE QUIET!!  STOP BEING SO HAPPY SILLY OBNOXIOUS LOUD!!  I didn't, not even once, but I wanted to. 

I'm gonna pack extra activities (quiet ones) in the car.  We'll see which tactic works- Arrive late or activities?

(*GASP*) MY DAUGHTER IS GOING TO BE 12 IN AUGUST!!

No comments:

Post a Comment