The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Attention Grabbers

I don't have a picture (because I didn't want to attract any more attention) so you'll have to imagine.  And then laugh.  We did!

Randy technically has the whole week off.  We were supposed to leave for Boston today.  Cancer sucks.  With the extra time on our hands, and the extra thoughts in our heads, we decided to just pack up and head for a Science Museum in Spokane.  But first, we had to eat.  Here comes the comedy.

~Randy walking into the food court at the Spokane Mall with three women (one of which is pregnant), and 9 children, all under the age of 14.~

Oh, WOW, you should have seen the stares.  And double takes.  And gossip whispers between people passing by.  If we would have known those watching- say, like at church or a Halloween party- we probably would have dressed in our best pioneer garb and all held hands, or something.  But as it stands, I think Randy was all-too excited to get in our cars to go home.

Classic.

***************
We got more information about the coming days.  We meet with Dr. Realy tomorrow at 12:30.  His surgery is scheduled for 10:30 on Friday morning.  In my nerves to get everything written down for dietary restrictions and such, I never asked how long they anticipate the surgery to last.  However, we thought the last surgery would be only 6 hours, and it turned out to be 11.  I guess I would just like to know an approximate.  I hope I remember tomorrow.  One nice thing...they have us scheduled for only one night in the hospital.  Sweet!  Things are looking promising for EFY! 

Thanks for your continued prayers and support.  It has been a difficult few days.  We have learned a lot of information since Friday that is insightful, hopeful, optimistic, and terrifying.  We still don't know much, but we know, for sure, that we are loved.  Thank You!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment