The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Lions' Den

I received an email last night from one of my good friends.  She had seen the blog post, and thought of me.  I think it perfectly describes what I have been through, what I will go through, and what I am about to do today.  It is from www.lessonsofamother.blogspot.com

~If Daniel was a man of great faith, and faith produces miracles, why didn't the angel just take him out of the lions' den?  He could have.~

Because if he did, Daniel would have missed the whole experience of being IN the lion's den but not being eaten alive.  He would have known God's power to deliver him FROM difficulty, but he wouldn't have experienced God's power to deliver him IN difficulty.  That's a whole different level of power and requires a whole different level of faith.

There was not just one single lion in that den.  There was a whole group of lions ready to rip Daniel apart, but his faith was sufficient, and God's power was sufficient, that none of them got a single bite.  At times in our lives, we feel like we've been thrown to lions- lots of them- all ready to eat us.  But instead of spending our energy wondering why God isn't taking us out, we can step back and realize, "I'm not being eaten alive in here... even though I should be.  Somehow I am going to come out of this alive."  Then look around and see God's angels who are holding back your lions.

At times I've begged to just be taken out of this.  But look at what I would have missed!  I would have missed the angels, on this side of the veil and the other, who have literally held back the lion's jaws.  I would have missed a deeper relationship with God, and I would have missed the person I've become.

So take another look at your lions and be grateful for them.  When you experience deliverance IN the lion's den, suddenly your faith and trust rise to a whole new level- one that never would have been possible had you just been delivered FROM it.

 We are headed into a 'den' today.  The words we are going to hear, the realities that Caden will have to face (as a 14 year old boy), and the possibilities placed before us feel like larger-than-normal lions.  I am trying to show faith.  But, in reality, I am scared.

I have used the story of Lazarus in a different analogy in my life, but I think it applies to this scenario, too.  Jesus knew what would happen to Lazarus.  He could have prevented it.  He could have been in the town and healed him.  But he didn't.  He needed to have a way to prove his power.  However... When Mary and Martha were in utter despair, crying, yet showing their faith that, 'If thou had been here, our brother would still live," He cried with them.  He knew it was hard for them.  He felt their sorrows.  He knew their sorrows.  He came to earth to experience our emotions.  He knew what He was about to do, yet he allowed them to cry.  He comisserated with them, loved them, and then showed His power.

I am not saying that He will save my son because I believe He can.  His will is the only thing that will determine the outcome.  No, I am saying that He knows I am scared.  He knows my sorrows.  He has heard my prayers.  He has seen my gallons and gallons of tears.  He knows today is going to be hard.  It is OK to cry.  This life was meant to be hard.  I am going into my den today with my hands full of my husband's hand on one side, and my son on the other.  But, more importantly, with my Heavenly Father in my heart.  I know He will guide us which option to choose.  He loves us that much.


No comments:

Post a Comment