The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Friday, August 7, 2015

Grounds

On the evening that we had to tell the kids that the cancer had returned, we knew the exact place we wanted to tell them.  The Columbia River Temple. 

I just got the pictures from Randy's phone.  I had used mine so much on the four hours home (We all know I am the better describer/detail giver of the relationship,) so I took stole borrowed his for a little documentation.  You know how I love a good photo opportunity.
 They are not good quality as far as pixels/lighting go, but they capture the loves of my life perfectly.
 We wanted a calm, peaceful place to help us deliver the news.  As it turns out, Keilie was the only one that really understood what was going on, and even then she really didn't understand.  She even scared Caden a bit by saying, "Caden is going to die!!  Everyone knows that if you get cancer twice, you die.  I don't want to be the oldest!!!"  WOW!  That was hard!
 A group of college kids came to read their scriptures on the grounds.  With all of the beauty, space, and shade, I can't understand why they chose to sit right next to us.  It kind of dampened our moment, so Shelby suggested that we go to the fountain.  Perfect.
 Brennon was a bit confused.  "So...do we like drink the water and then we are married?"
I got a bit choked up saying, "No, honey.  Mommy and Daddy were already sealed for Time and All Eternity.  We will be together forever."  At the time, I was completely scared that my son was going to die, soon.  We still don't know the final outcome.  But, knowing that we are Sealed makes all the difference in the world.  How grateful I am for the saving ordinances of the temple.

Families Can Be Together. Forever!

1 comment:

  1. The pictures are beautiful! Your words are heartbreaking. I'm so sad your kids have to go through this again. The part about Brennon asking if you drink the water and then you're married gave me a little giggle though. :)

    ReplyDelete