With as well as he has been feeling with the extra nausea medicines and the extra fluids each day, it is easy to forget that he is fighting for his very life. He has eaten lunch and dinner each day. During chemo days, is that even possible?!?! He has been joking more, laughing more, talking more, doing everything just more! It has been such an unexpected, dramatic change, it feels almost like a dream. This is my Caden, he can't be sick, right? Besides the missing hair and weakness, you would never know he was as sick as he truly is. It's easy to have hope for better days when this day feels so wonderful.
Moments after we got on the elevator to go back to the RMH, he somewhat loudly said, "I love you, mom. You usually say it first, so I wanted to surprise you and say it first." Be still, my heart. Oh, how I love that boy!

So happy you are all doing so well. Send Caden our love.
ReplyDelete