Today, Shelby, Brennon and Tyson tested to advance from Orange Belt to Green Belt. Mr. Roach once again did all of the colored belts at noon. I don't like that he does it like this, but only because it takes two hours, when, if he did it the way that I think he should, it should only take one hour. It was still fun to watch them prove that they are ready to advance. And, truth be told, they did better at this testing that they have at any other testing. They truly are doing so well.
Because there were so many kids testing for Green Belt, and because my kids are some of the smallest to test, they were in the front row. This made it hard to get good pictures of them performing, even though I was in the front row of parental seating. This was before they started, while other children were being placed. Hence, Brennon and Shelby looking around, instead of focusing on their instructor.
While having the Orange class do their forms, he noticed that Tyson was lagging in just one area. He had him come before the whole audience and perform it on his own. I was so glad, because he did amazing! He was so sure and so confident. I was so proud to see the vast improvements he is making, especially since he is one of the youngest in the group.
Tyson's broken board
Brennon's broken board
Shelby's broken board
While waiting for the other Belts to perform, he had their class sit on the wall, close to me. There wasn't enough room my Brennon and Tyson, so this forced Shelby to sit at the end of the line. Seeing this smile, I was so happy there wasn't room. Shelby really is a fierce little fighter, she loves Taekwondo so much.
Tyson accepting his Green Belt
Shelby accepting her Green Belt
Brennon accepting his Green Belt
The above picture was the best I could capture- I was trying my hardest to keep my emotions in check. You see, before walking to join his newly advanced students, Mr. Roach approached me with a Green Belt for the boy that couldn't make it from his bed to watch his brothers and sister advance. With misted eyes, he told me that he knew Caden would have been there advancing along with them, and that he'd more than earned his Green Belt. I couldn't agree more. Before the picture was taken, Shelby saw me holding both the belt and the tears in, and started to cry herself. She was so happy to see that Caden would advance with them. She fully expects him to join them, when he is able. I love my fierce, tender little Shelby.
I am so proud of my kids. I love that they are still so excited and determined in their advancing in Taekwondo. They are now considered Intermediate. It will take them at least 4-6 months to advance. Maybe less, with how much they have been practicing. They fuel each other's determination and excitement. I love what they learn here. It's way more than kicks and punches, it's how to be incredible human beings. Well, more incredible than they already are!
Incredible!! How are these all hidden? Can you change the dates?
ReplyDelete