The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Drastic Change

From the time I happened upon the St. Baldrick's event in the cafeteria ofSeattle  Children's last month, an idea took root and grew. 

After watching women shave their entire head for childhood cancer, I knew I wanted to donate my hair. In fact, I have wanted to since my best friend in second grade donated hers. It was always a goal, even before my own child got cancer. Since this was the first time I had long, healthy hair, I decided to check off another item on my bucket list: a pixie cut. 

Before. 
During. 
I'm not in love with it yet. In fact, more times than not I don't like my reflection. It is such a drastic change, that I think it is going to take a long while before I like the look. 

I do not regret it, though. Locks of Love has always been something that I admire. And now I am a contributor. I also do not regret my decision for the pixie cut. It has always been something that I wanted to try- and now I have!

3 comments:

  1. I thought you looked great today! And healthy hair grows amazingly fast! :) Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete