The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Done

I knew I was done having kids even before Tyson was born.  Forget the fact that my body was damaged from being pregnant with Brennon so close after injuring myself while pregnant with Shelby, I just knew it deep down. 

I still know it.  My sister, Danielle, found out she was having a BOY this week!  Yay!!  She has two little girls, so a boy is just what she hoped for.  I miss the anticipation of finding out the gender.  I miss feeling the baby for the first time, in awe that something so wonderful was beginning.  I miss browsing through the baby clothes aisles.  I miss snuggling sweet babies.

Also this week, I get to have Ashlee and her five girls visit.  Her little Everly is crawling and teething.  She is also standing on her sweet 8 month old skinny legs, ready to walk WAY TOO EARLY!!!  She is just so tiny!  And I get to snuggle her while feeding her a bottle.

But as I'm preparing for bed tonight, it has hit me again: I am happy to be DONE having kids.  I'm grateful to have my kids in bed.  I'm grateful to know I will sleep through the night.  I LOVE this time of our lives.  My kids are independent, but still love to be with us.  My kids don't love to clean, but they don't argue when I tell them to do something.  They are helpful, happy kids.  There are things I miss about younger kids, but I and happy to be here now.  These must be the golden years of raising children. 

I LOVE BEING A MOM!

1 comment:

  1. You are one of the BEST moms! I love being included in your blog. I love that my last will be a boy.

    ReplyDelete