The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

How much?

I asked Keilie to make some Chex Muddy Buddies before we got home. She loves to bake, so I thought she would be excited to have the chance to make something without us even being home.

I should have turned off the TV as soon as we got home, however. First, she put the chocolate and peanut butter in a bowl that she knows is not microwave safe. Next she put the warmed mixture on the cereal and left it, not even trying to coat all of the Chex. Then she asked me if the 11 1/2 cups of powdered sugar could be right. I told her no, that it said 1 1/2 cups, in passing, and went about my chores. I came back to something like this...
With her almost finished adding all 11 cups of powdered sugar. She was too busy multitasking with both counting and watching a movie, she didn't hear me say it was only 1 1/2 cups. 
This doesn't even show how mad I was. 

We all got a good laugh later, though, after she dumped it all, when Randy said, "Keilie, I'm doubling the banana bread recipe and need twenty cups of sugar. Will you measure it for me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment