Two Sundays ago, we were looking on Realtor.com (our hobby, remember) and saw our friend's home for sale. They had purchased another home that we've been drooling over for two years now, so naturally, they'd sell the home they currently live in. I'd been in it before, so I knew the layout and loved it, so I decided to show it a little more to Randy. He jumped on the opportunity to talk For Sale By Owner with them.
They were out of town, so they had their mom take us over and let us look around. It has four bedrooms, but an extra room over the garage that Brennon and Tyson would share. Over the next few hours, we went back and forth with them, finally coming to the agreement that if it wasn't sold by the time they returned from their vacation, we'd look into buying it For Sale By Owner. The next day they accepted an offer. The idea was put to bed in my mind, all was right in my world again.
Friday, they asked us over for our opinion on tile and carpet in their new home. While there, we asked when they would be able to close on the sale of their old home and fully move into their new one. They then told us that a couple hours earlier they'd found out that the sale had fallen through. So the idea was back on the table. Only thing is, I couldn't think about it without all of the old nerves coming up. We were back and forth about it, finally telling them that we couldn't do it. I was having too much of a problem thinking of moving. That was Saturday morning.
By Saturday night, we were back on. Sunday had us talking about prices and the logistics for the Sale By Owner. Monday had signed contracts. Tuesday we took our contracts and earnest money to the Title Company with applications completed with two banks. It also found 95% of the character (decor) packed away, leaving my home bare and depressing. We should have our bank stuff figured out today, maybe knowing a day that all of this will close. Randy is hoping for renters in my beautiful, left behind home by August 1.
That was how we roll. Make a decision on the fly and just roll with it. Each day gets a little easier to think about moving. Things still hit me pretty hard at random moments, but the kids' excitment over the whole thing is making it a little easier each time.
Imagine this: Brennon and Tyson running around their shared room- a room that is the entire size of the garage below- shrieking about how they are the luckiest kids in the family, even though they share and the others don't. Or this: When we walked through it, I found Shelby, Brennon, Tyson on the couches with their arms, legs, fingers, toes, and eyes crossed, chanting, "I hope we buy this house. I hope we buy this house." One more: Keilie ended her Family Home Evening Opening Prayer and forlornly said, "Whoops, I forgot to pray about buying the house." To which we replied, "Guess we're not gonna get it then."
Except we did.
I still find this all surreal. I'm so excited for you all!!!!
ReplyDelete