For the next four hours, we switched their rooms, organizing the furniture and all of their stuff. Keilie helped with what she wanted to but was not expected to do any of the work, since that was a stipulation of the gift. It was fun seeing Caden painstakingly organize that closet of dreams with all of his Legos and collected treasures, while Keilie just half-haphazardly put stuff wherever, caring more about her electronics, just getting stuff off of the floor and out of the laundry baskets we used. Typical differences between Caden and Keilie!
We gave her the option to either go to lunch with Dad, or go to the nail salon with me. She went to A&W with Randy, very pleased with her Drumsticks and Root Beer Freeze. I'm glad she chose to carry on a tradition that I loved having with my own dad on my birthday.
As soon as she got back, she was ready for shopping. Since her birthday is so close to school, we decided to save her back-to-school clothes shopping for her birthday date. I was a good mother, not suggesting a single scrap of clothing, knowing that they would immediately be hated if I did. She surprised me though, choosing shirts that I myself would have chosen for her body type, pants preferences, and skin tone.
We came back in time to grab the family for our tradition out-to-eat dinner. She chose her favorite place: Old Country Buffet. However, she said that this was the last time she'd choose to eat there. We couldn't be more thrilled-- that place is not worth the $10.00/person price tag! Especially when the kids want to eat just one tiny main course meal portion and then spend the rest of the time at the cookies, cakes, brownies, and frozen yogurt bar.
We came home to watch a movie together. Her choice was Mirror, Mirror. Since we hadn't seen that one for a while, it was fun to laugh together at all of the silly parts. Randy and Caden, included!
We ended the night with a Badminton challenge. And, let me just say, if our neighbors only knew us from our backyard squabbles, they'd think we were bullies. At one point, Randy, in the spirit of competitive sportsmanship, yelled at Caden, "YES!! TAKE THAT!! IN YOUR FACE!!" And I mean yelled.
Keilie's choice for her birthday dessert is always the same: Cheesecake with strawberry topping.
Happy 14th Birthday, Keilie Ann!
High School is gaining the cutest, most unknowingly witty cutie, ever!
Happy Birthday, Keilie! I love you more than you know. My person! ❤️
ReplyDelete