The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Side-by-side Thursday

Sir Tinley A. Goodnight was banish to the stocks and Dragon were still in danger in Arnoldia.  However, Queen Beatrice promised that she'd consider changing things if her heart could be melted with our brave display of courage at Battle Ball, but be warned that she is not easily enthused.  So we played our hearts out to soften hers.  We, the Dirks, were Knights that played against the Dragons!
Because of the horrendous smoke, Brennon's asthma was horrid-- he chose not to play.  Not to worry, he was an amazing cheerleader for our team/family.





Yep, that's right, I ran around bases like a pro.  It was only after that I realized that the poop I stepped on may have been the force behind my speed.  Cause I don't run fast.  The first and last word from that last sentence can be erased completely.

We, the people of Arnoldia, softened her heart-- Sir Tinley A. Goodnight was freed and Dragon are now considered friends!

Because we were all so hot from a morning running bases in the full-on sun, they decided we needed to cool off, so they brought in some water fun...

 It started with kids holding the hoses, and ended with Brennon, Tyson, and Pedro (along with some other Buddies/Dads) being sprayed.  We had to warn everyone not to spray them with the big hose, though.  Even the Buddies were being bashed by that big water spray!



 After lunch and the Family Hour/Buddy Break...
We were released for our last afternoon of activities






















The last hour of this activity time was set aside to shoot off the rockets our kids got the chance to make.  Caden and Randy got to the bleachers early to save the best spot for our family, and to allow Caden to shoot his off first.  We Dirks like to be first, I tell you!











After dinner, they told us to get into our armor and any other Medieval costumes we may have brought to get ready for the last night we had together.  I'm just going to get this out now: I cried many different times tonight, not because our time together was coming to and end, but because it was so huge, so explosive, so amazing, I just couldn't stop feeling so absolutely blessed, my heart was bursting and burning out of me.  This night was so huge, it felt like the biggest portion of our whole week.  And our week felt MASSIVE!!!
 They got an entire 6' table FULL of noise makers for us to begin our parade.  We walked from the dining hall to the amphitheater in a large group, making a ton of noise!  Once we made it to the entrance, it was the volunteers turn to make the noise, welcoming us to the Feast.


As the 147 volunteers lined the sides of our route, the noise and cheers struck me deep.  They were cheering for us.  We were the ones that are loved.  We are the ones that they came to see and be with.  My heart was so full seeing my kids treated in such a way.  We were royalty all week, but with them cheering us on tonight, it felt much more personal and spectacular.  We were no longer the Loyal Subjects, but the Royal Family.  So Beautiful!

We were treated to a show, including a real-life professional sword swallower.   I only took videos, sorry no pictures of swords down his throat!  You wouldn't want to see it, anyway.  Believe me!

  



Like always, we ended with dancing.  And I joined in this time!  Tears may have been trailing down my cheeks, but I danced my heart out.  My 14 year old cheerleader self would have been proud!

But that was not all...
Camp Side-by-side literally went out with a BANG!  A 15 minute firework show JUST FOR US!!!!!

Can you feel it?  Have you seen the love, and joy, and happiness, and fun, and laughter, and excitement, and absolutely amazing togetherness we have shared this week?  Can you see why we come to love our Buddies?  Can you feel what I feel as I say that I cannot believe how much they shoved into one week-- a week just for us?  Can you see how it was SO EASY to forget our reality for these few days?  Can you see why our kids counted down for six whole months to attend this amazing camp?  Can you see it?  Can you feel it?  There are hardly words adequate enough to express how grateful I am for these people that give up and give us so much! 

Camp Side-by-side:  THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment