The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Friday, August 4, 2017

Tree Swings

The required one month has passed since we put the tree stump removal chemical on the stump in our front area.  We decided to get that space cleared away and ready to burn the stump.  Of course this time landed in the week of record breaking heat wave weather.  Three 9-hour days in 100+ sun has me a bit beat!  But it looks amazing, I can't wait for the before, during, and after pics.  And, yes, I did get this approved by our HOA President, in case anyone was wondering:)  In fact, he thanked us and praised us for the work we are doing-- including personally telling us he liked our front entry/front door!  Now that feels good!  I'm just immature enough to wish it would have been in writing, so I could take it to our nosy neighbor and politely ask him to leave us alone...

But it hasn't all been work.  While I was sifting through the rock and 150 million trillion bazillion pounds of pine needles, I got to watch my kids take advantage of our beautiful front tree.

It was first a single rope with a wooden seat that each of the kids had fun on.  Once all of the kids (including Randy) became involved, it evolved to...

Two sings: one with one rope and a wooden seat, the other with two handles, a memory foam cushion and a folded beach towel seat.  Add to that...
Jump rope, that even Mira can join in...
(She parked it right under the rope, not even caring that it came close to her head each down-swing, just as long as she was part of the action)
And you pretty much have a tree of dreams.  It made my heart soar seeing all the kids playing together at a common goal, using their imaginations, taking turns pushing and riding, and only beginning to argue after hours of play.  It was a great afternoon spent outside that included me working, sure, but also having the best seat to watch them play.

End the day with this...
And you know your life is right out of a fairy tale.  I'm the luckiest girl in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment