Caden Randy Dirks
May 15, 2001- October 4, 2017
The Boy in the Bed Goes to Heaven
Around 1:30 AM, Caden sat up in bed and asked to see his brothers and sisters, as well as the Bishop. We woke them up and brought them down. He gave his siblings the personalized gifts that he had purchased for them in June to remember him by. One by one hugs were given to all as he told them he loves them and that he is going to die. Bishop Kreutz came by, and we sent the kids out of the room. He had previously told us that he wanted to talk to the Bishop and confess a small to us, big to him lie that he had told years earlier. Caden said he wanted to "make sure he was worthy to baptize Tyson next weekend and be worthy of the Celestial Kingdom." The Bishop arrived and assured Caden of his worthiness and readiness to serve missions for the Lord on the other side of the veil. There came a point that he was confused about what he was looking at, so I asked what he was seeing. He said that he sees all of us in the room, but he is looking down at us from above. He went back to sleep and the kids went back to bed. His breathing slowed gradually, and at 4:35 AM he became one of the Lord's angels in heaven. I can't believe how much I miss him. I didn't think it would hurt this bad knowing that his suffering is over having entered into His rest. ~Randy
Around 1:30 AM, Caden sat up in bed and asked to see his brothers and sisters, as well as the Bishop. We woke them up and brought them down. He gave his siblings the personalized gifts that he had purchased for them in June to remember him by. One by one hugs were given to all as he told them he loves them and that he is going to die. Bishop Kreutz came by, and we sent the kids out of the room. He had previously told us that he wanted to talk to the Bishop and confess a small to us, big to him lie that he had told years earlier. Caden said he wanted to "make sure he was worthy to baptize Tyson next weekend and be worthy of the Celestial Kingdom." The Bishop arrived and assured Caden of his worthiness and readiness to serve missions for the Lord on the other side of the veil. There came a point that he was confused about what he was looking at, so I asked what he was seeing. He said that he sees all of us in the room, but he is looking down at us from above. He went back to sleep and the kids went back to bed. His breathing slowed gradually, and at 4:35 AM he became one of the Lord's angels in heaven. I can't believe how much I miss him. I didn't think it would hurt this bad knowing that his suffering is over having entered into His rest. ~Randy

I have no words. Only prayers. May the angels lift you and your family at his time. I so love you, Stephanie. God be thanked for the knowledge we have in the gospe of Jesus Christ. May you find moments of His Peace and Light through this. We are here for you and whatever you need. Anything. -Marianne
ReplyDeleteWe are so sorry. We will keep your family in our prayers. So Sad. He was a very brave hero!
ReplyDeleteMy heart is broken for you and your family. So very sorry for you loss.
ReplyDeleteThe Lord needs valiant servants... your family is the perfect example of this. I don't know you other than sisters in the gospel, but you have lifted muy struggling testimony over and over again. May peace find you in this most trying time. Thank you for your great example.
ReplyDeleteRandy, Stephanie and kids, We love you! We are so sorry to hear this news. May you know how much you are loved. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you.
ReplyDeleteSending prayers of peace and comfort.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYour family has been in the Hardy’s prayers for many years! I have a firm testimony that Caden has an important work to do. He isn’t suffering any longer and has hit the ground running. Our prayers will focus on your peace and comfort.
ReplyDeleteLove and prayers
The Hardys
So sorry to hear about your sweet, Caden. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.
ReplyDeleteStephanie, my heart hurts so deeply for you and your family; but I'm also grateful Caden isn't hurting. He made absolutely the most of his time here on earth, and we know he is off to start another mission. We will all miss his example and his smile, among many other things. Please allow us to help any way we can.
ReplyDeleteSo very, very sorry. We love you! -Nate and Rebecca
ReplyDeleteI am so so sorry for your loss! I know you dont know me, but please accept my sincerest condolences. I have been praying for Caden and your family and I will keep praying that in the days and weeks ahead that you will feel our Saviors love around you and that you will remember the promise of eternal families!
ReplyDeleteShirley Hosier
I'm so sorry you guys - this hurts my heart so much. Prayers for peace to you all. Sending my love from Texas. ❤️❤️❤️
ReplyDeleteOh Steph, I have no words. Only love and prayers for you and your family.
ReplyDeleteYour beautiful family is in our prayers. Sending Wyoming-sized love and hugs to you. - The Worthen Family
ReplyDeleteThank you for your incredible example of faith. Caden's inspiring legacy of strength and endurance will be remembered by our family always! All our love, The Davenports
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for your loss. I know that Caden is in a more peaceful place and no longer in pain. You raised an amazing boy who is ready for the work he will be doing in the next life. Your family is in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteI am wrapping my arms around you with all the rest of your friends from Casper. We love you and will keep you all in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteI have followed Caden's story for quite years now and words just can not express how my heart aches for your family! Caden is such a special spirit and I really enjoyed him when I worked with him in primary many years ago. Sending lots of love and prayers for comfort!
ReplyDeleteYou've all been so brave and inspiring these last few years. Thank you for sharing your lives with the world. I'll be praying for peace and comfort for all of you.
ReplyDeleteA soul much beyond his years. What a beautiful send off he gave you all. I'm so sorry that your family is going through this. I can only imagine the heartache you are feeling, and my heart is so broken for you. God bless you all as you endure your new normal without his physical presence. May you always feel him with you still. All my love. Kelli (Henderson) Duran
ReplyDeleteWhat is this thing that men call death?
ReplyDeleteThis quiet passing in the night?
'Tis not the end but genesis
Of better worlds and greater light
O God, touch Thou my aching heart
And calm my troubled, haunting fears
Let hope and faith, transcendent, pure
Give strength and peace beyond my tears.
There is no death, but only change
With recompense for vict'ry won
The gift of Him who loved all men
The Son of God, the Holy One.
Music By Janice Kapp Perry Lyrics By Gordon B. Hinkley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D1dRZoxg0I
I'm so, so sorry. I was your mom, Jackie's visiting teacher when she lived in Perry. She kept me updated on Caden until she moved and then she directed me to your blog which I have read ever since. You and your family will continue to be in my prayers. All my love to you and Jackie and Darwin.
ReplyDeleteLove Shantelle Walker
Randy & Stephanie, my heart is broken and aching for you and your sweet family! I’m so sorry, that Caden had to leave us so soon, but I’m grateful he’s out of his pain, misery, and all of the suffering his body had to go through, during his test here in this probationary place. I’m so happy to be part of your family, to have witnessed you as newlyweds, and new parents, who were always patient, kind, loving, and understanding, when it came to the funny (and not so funny) things, the struggles and growth they did as little people. And then, it was nothing short of amazing, as you shared this heart wrenching journey that you and your family took with Caden. My faith and testimony have grown immensely during these past few years. I have no doubt, that Caden is one of Heavenly Father’s most valuable missionary’s, on the other side of the veil, and that he is definitely bound for the Celestial Kingdom. Please know how much you are loved, and that you are in our thoughts & prayers.💔
ReplyDeleteEternal Blessings, Eternal Families
Love you tons,
Uncle John & Aunt Jolene
I work with Ryan in Hawaii and he's told us about Caden. I can't begin to imagine how much hurt and grief you are going through because although I never met you or Caden my heart aches for your family. May God bless you and comfort you and give you peace during this time and until you all shall meet again for a joyous heavenly reunion.
ReplyDeleteSending our sincere condolences to you all during this time. Ryan is my manager in Hawaii. He shared highlights of your recent visit, and of his weekend at Homecoming/home.
ReplyDeleteI know that Caden is without pain, and is in a better place. I also know that families can be together forever.
Thank you for sharing through this blog. It has provided me with a deeper appreciation for His Plan of Happiness, and for our eternal family. Thank you Caden for your example of strength and faith.
May the Lord provide your family with the comfort needed at this time. God bless.
We love your family so much. We are sending as many hugs as you can handle. You are in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteWord cannot express my sorrow for your entire family right now. Although you don't know me, please know that I am mourning with you and praying for you. I know the blessing of the gospel are true and that you will be with your precious son forever; but right now I will just cry a little and believe that the Lord will send you comfort and peace to make it through. All my love <3
ReplyDeleteCaden is such an amazing example to me. Absolute privilege to know him. ❤️ Love you Dirks family. ❤️
ReplyDeleteWhat a privilege to read about Caden. I am truly sorry for your loss. As a mother who has a son on the other side of the veil I truly understand. May you find comfort and peace through the Atonement of our Savior. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your dear family.
ReplyDeleteKinmont Family Roy 11th Ward
Sweet Steph and Randy- I am so so sorry for all you've gone through. Please know how loved you and your family are. What a blessing you have been to me to know you and spend time learning from you. God never created a more sweet, loving family than yours. May God be with you to carry you in His arms. He loves you. Sending my love and prayers.
ReplyDeleteHello Randy & Steph,it has been quite some time since we've seen each other. I remember Caden as a young boy when you all visited us in South Texas. We have been praying and keeping you in our thoughts. May Caden rest in peace as he will no longer suffer in this world as he has moved on into the Kingdom of God. May the Lord provide you with comfort as you move forward. Love You all. Paul
ReplyDeleteI can't begin to express my sorrow for your loss. I am so sorry you had to lose Caden at such a young age. He was and is an amazing young man and will continue to inspire others beyond the veil. Truly your story has changed my life and while I didn't get to know you well while you were in Casper, your family has touched my heart in such a way that I will never forget your examples of love and faith in all things and in all times. The Lord has a special work for Caden to do and I am so grateful to have known him through primary even if it was for a short time. Our family prays for yours daily. May you all have peace of mind and comfort as you face this trying time.
ReplyDeleteLove the Anderson Family
I am not good with words, but I just want you to know that I have been praying for many years for Caden and your family. It hits so close to home for me. When I met Caden, I was amazed at how calm, courageous, mature he was and despite the fact that he was getting chemo at that time, he was still kind and could make others laugh. I loved your other sweet kids and seeing the love they had for Caden and each other was heartwarming. I will continue to pray for you guys. You are a wonderful eternal family.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry, I can't even begin to express how sad I am for your loss. He was a great kid from an amazing family. I offer love and prayers for you and your family. I'm so sorry old friend.
ReplyDeleteI love you guys so much. I wish shed tears for you today but I will also be inspired and uplifted by your goodness. What an incredible young man. I am truly blessed for knowing all of you.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing Caden with us. He is a part of our family as well. We will miss him .
ReplyDeleteOur hearts and prayers are with you! What an amazing young man and such a great example to so many. We pray that you'll feel the peace, love and comfort that you need through this difficult time! Wish we could be there for his services but, we'll be sending our love!
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for your loss.
ReplyDeleteHello Dirk Family,
ReplyDeleteI just pulled up your blog and see Caden has passed away. My thoughts and prayers are with you. What an amazing family you have and his memory will be with people forever.
Colleen - Camp Side-by-Side