My anxiety was so high after the news of my friend's son, I barely slept last night. I did sleep, but I woke often and had a very hard time falling back to sleep. My FitBit registered 4 hours 36 minutes. When my anxiety is that high, I can blow through prescription sleep aid like a hot knife through butter.
On the other end of the sleep spectrum, Shelby dreamed of Caden. She woke the next morning and came crying to our room. "I dreamed that Caden came back to life. We were having so much fun in my dream." She was crying uncontrollably. And then I was, too. I would take their reality in a second, if I could. I would take all their nightmares myself, every single one of them. Caden was not the only one that had to grow up too quickly because of cancer. All of my kids have had to. They are living people's worst nightmares every single day of their lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment