The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Monday, April 20, 2020

Pond Removal

April 17, 2020
The afternoon began with this pond intact, fully-functional, and half-filled with black sludge water.  It was many hours of all six of us moving rock and emptying the nasty, stinky muck.

 I feel a bit like Ariel with the rocks we pulled from this one place.  Look at this stash, isn't it neat?!  There are thousands of dollars worth of all different types and sizes of rock.  Honestly, I'm not 100% sure what we're going to do with them all.

 We stopped for dinner of delivered pizza, breadsticks, and soda.  It was not only a splurge for the pizza as payment for their work, but for delivery.  Randy does not ever have things delivered!  We sat down around the table, ate till we were stuffed, and got back to it.

 It felt SO good to see this space without the massive pond.  Like it was cleaner somehow.  I can't wait to see it finished.

April 18, 2020



Coming along.  It doesn't look like too much of a difference, but the vines and leveling had us both a sweaty mess after hours and hours of hard labor.  It gets better by the minute.

April 19, 2020
I loved the statue too much to try and sell it.  Now that it's our choice to have her, I gave her a name.  Aphrodite.  Aphy for short.  Her base is now a flower pot.




April 20, 2020
We shaped the vines I wanted to keep, that looks more like a large bush than vines, and, in an effort to use some of the nicer big stones, made a "river."  I'm pleased with how it's coming together.






We tried to go and get more river rock, but the stone quarries are all shut down right now.  We'll have to wait to finish this project.  That seems to be our theme this quarantine: start a project, take it as far as we can ourselves, and then wait on the world to open back up to finish.
We brought Caden's cemetery light out.  We brought him home tonight.

1 comment:

  1. What a change. I love that you kept the statue and put Caden's light there!

    ReplyDelete