Because of my shin splints, Shelby and I have been doing the bike at Orange Theory instead of the treadmill. So when I realized I'd be riding the bike for Orange Theory's challenge workout, Catch Me If You Can, I figured I'd just try my hardest to beat their time. I didn't understand all about it, but I knew I wanted to beat the times listed for each minute, so I was simply going to peddle my heart out.
Less than a minute in, I knew I was going to kill their times. Instead of worrying the distance for each minute, I got it into my head that I was going to make it as fast as I could to the last distance they had on the paper: 7-miles. I made it there at 12:48. As soon as I hit that distance, I slowed considerably, basically stopped. I chatted with a girl for a sec, wiped my face and hands, and just caught my breath. Not sure what else to do, I thought, "I'm not sure what to do, so I'll remember 12:48 was my time for 7-miles, and just keep going." So I stepped up my game again and started peddling my heart out.
If you don't hit the distance by the time listed, you got off the treadmill/bike/strider and went to tell them your distance. Next time, you try and beat that distance in addition to the challenge of beating their distance. I should have realized then that they didn't care about that 7-miles, they just wanted me to get that by the end. It didn't matter to me, as I felt on top of the world for beating their distance until I was sent this picture from Danielle that night...
That's me, tied for FOURTH!!! I was a mere .2 behind 3rd, who happens to be a friend. It was then that I felt disappointed in my performance! Had I realized ahead of time that I should have just gone as far as I could as fast as I could, I would have had a real shot at being 3rd!!!! I stopped!! I wiped my hands and face and basically didn't really try to move those peddles!!! I'm coming for you, Eric!!So, no matter how my legs feel next time they do this challenge workout, I plan to get on that bike and peddle as far and as fast as my little legs will carry me! I will beat my own record and hope to place in the top 3! Challenge accepted!

No comments:
Post a Comment