The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Friday, July 9, 2021

Ragnar 2021-- Leg 1

 July 9th- FIRST RUN!!





And, he's off!
Waiting for my Mister to finish...
Waiting for my turn to run...


He's done, and I'm off!!!

Randy's exact words, "That was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.  That was a three-slice hilly," referencing The Help's Two-slice, Hilley.  This was the run of Randy's that caused me the most anxiety.  It was not only long (8.6 miles), but had some major hills that went on for days.
I DID IT!!!!! I had convinced myself that because I was the slowest runner on our team, I wouldn't get any kills.  I got 3!!  I would have gotten four, but one of the kids that started just ahead of me was cutting corners pretty severely.  I actually overtook a girl right before the finish line!  

We'd come a few weeks prior to view our runs, and I didn't know they'd changed mine last-minute, so I was surprised when I noticed people cheering me on so quickly without making a right-hand turn that I thought I'd be making.  When I realized that it was my finish line, I booked it as fast as I could to get my third kill (I'd had her in my sights for about 15-minutes!) and to get a personal challenge of coming into all of my finish-lines at an All Out pace.
And just like that, Randy and I finished our 1st leg!

We went back to Ash and Russ's house to rest and recover.  Our next Major Exchange (where Van 2 ends their runs and Van 1 begins again) was just 10-minutes from their house.

No comments:

Post a Comment