The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Monday, July 12, 2021

Supination

 Since Ragnar, I've had some pretty gnarly shin splints.  While looking through the many, many pictures, I noticed something off about many of mine.



I land and walk on the outside of my feet!!!  As I researched, I found out that that is called Supination, and a major contributing factor to shin splints.  It is common for people with high arches to do this if they do not have the proper shoes to combat that.

When I first started Orange Theory, I got some pretty major shin splints.  They got so bad, it hurt to even walk.  I went to the running store, telling them I had shin splints and needed new shoes.  These are the new shoes.  They weren't really bothering me until I ran 9.5 miles in 2 days on the road.  I was treating the symptom, not the source.  I should have had them watch my gait, instead of just telling them I was getting shin splints.  I now know that Ashlee's brand of shoe is perfect for this, which makes sense because she has high arches too.  I hope that I can get this all sorted out and begin training for Ragnar next year.  I want to do even better!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment