Brennon came home exhausted tonight, early from the church dance. I don't blame him-- he'd already been to another dance directly before the church one. Brennon joined Buddy Club at the beginning of the year, and today was their big activity. So he went to that dance so that he could ensure someone else had a great time, someone else had a wingman, someone else had a friend if they didn't feel confident to search one out.
Brennon has Auditory Processing Disorder. Loud noises and lots of conversation are physically exhausting for him on a good day, downright miserable at other times. But he chose to go to something so another felt happy. Not only that, he's pushing himself more and more to get out and get used to those environments for his dating year. He's going to a Swing Dance class to learn how to dance, to get more confident in asking, and to get used to having a good time even with things are too loud, too tiring.
I have always known that Brennon is a peacemaker. I have always known that Brennon makes people feel loved, and welcome, and calm. But the generosity he has shown these past few months and weeks have me feeling ALL the feels. He is such a good kid. He is such a kind and generous friend. He is such a great son. I'm the luckiest girl in the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment