The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Saturday, February 11, 2023

Sense/cents

 Brennon checks vending machines for change every time he passes them, without fail.  It's something he's done since he was little.  He always seems to find something, too!  This school year alone, he's found more than $40 a few quarters at a time.  I love that he comes home and tells me first thing how many quarters he found that day.  No joke, he found 7 on Tuesday!  SEVEN.

Today he was telling us that he'd found two "coins" that had been 3D printed.  He told us the weight was off and that the face was all wrong.  Randy asked to see them, to which Brennon told us that he'd left them there.  Randy said, "Why wouldn't you bring them home?  Why leave them there, that makes no sense."  Shelby immediately started laughing, "Haha, pun unintended!"  I'm ashamed to admit I didn't get what she was saying right away-- Randy had to explain it to me.  Leaving fake money behind doesn't make sense/cents!

I'm not sure I have ever been more proud of my Shelby than I was at that moment.  Puns are my favorite, and she found one when I did not.  SO FUN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment