The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Saturday, May 20, 2023

Brilliancy Dud

 Because of how things worked out in Primary Activities, we did not have Ward Flags done by the kids this year.  I didn't have the energy to get all of the Girls and all of the Boys together for an impromptu meeting to do them, so I came up with what I thought was a brilliant idea and ran with it.

The theme for the Stake Primary Activity was Ready, Set, Glow.  I knew there would be Black Lights, so I purchased some Glow-In-The-Dark paint and wrote their names on white poster board.  I included a black flashlight for them to search for their own names, thinking they'd love the challenge.

It worked so well at home, right after I'd painted it.  I gathered up both flags and dropped them off, feeling relief that at least the Hillview Ward had something.
But when I walked into the hall to see them all displayed, I felt myself shudder at just how plain ours looked.  I was even more embarrassed when one of the Girls who was currently trying to find their own name said, "This is SO LAME!"  I agreed with her.  The paint had soaked into the poster board to the point where you could barely even see the black light writing.
We took the flag into the pitch-black room but didn't have much luck there either.

My idea was a complete and utter dud.  Oh well.  At least the kids know that I love them.


No comments:

Post a Comment