Our Youth had a Baptism appointment tonight, our third Friday shift as Temple Ordinance Workers. Because Shelby had a birthday party to attend, we needed to find rides for Brennon and Tyson. Dara Porter not only drove them, but she took these pictures and helped in the Baptistry, which our coordinators put on our shift for both hours the Hillview Ward had scheduled.
Brennon, Sean Porter, Eli Bass, Tyson, Roman Cleaves, Jason Porter.
I love that our sons have memories of their parents working in the temple. Their Dad has baptized their Mom as they witnessed or waited. Randy has laid his hands on my head for Confirmations. And now they have seen us dressed all in white, working, as Temple Ordinance Workers. Their eyes lit up as they realized that I was the one that was going to help them get their jumpsuits. "Thank you, Sister Dirks," said with a cheeky grin as they looked me right in the eyes.
At one point, as I was helping at the Recorder's desk, I looked across the font to see Brennon and Tyson waiting side-by-side for Confirmations, Randy standing in his white suit just behind. My heart was near to bursting. It was at that second that Tyson looked up and smiled. We were both caught etching this moment into our memories, seeing a glimpse of Heaven, capturing a snapshot of what matters most.
We may not have seen Caden with our earthly eyes, but I know he's seen us "Gathering Isreal" on this side of the veil, as he's gathering on His Side of the veil.
No comments:
Post a Comment