The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Thursday, May 11, 2023

Famous words

 Keilie started a new job today as a substitute para-educator.  She worked from 8:30-3:30 doing whatever needed to be done, from helping kids with reading, math, lunchroom, and recess.

"There were two little girls that were so rude and would not listen to or follow directions.  I was getting so mad!"

She then proceeded to tell us a bunch of different examples of these two little girls.  (It should also be mentioned that the boys listened and were so good.  I'm not altogether convinced that she wasn't talking about the Dirks' household, I'm just saying.)  And then came the famous words that I know she won't remember in the future, so I thought I'd write them down for her:

"I will not have a child like that!"

I smiled, pat her knee, and didn't say a single word.

I'm going to take this moment and just revel in the knowledge that I am going to be blessed with THE BEST grandkids!  Ones that will follow all directions given by authority without complaint, and will respect that authority the way they should be respected because their mother, my daughter, refuses to have children that act so shamefully.  I'm the luckiest girl in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment