My day started by watching Wren Hawks, something that I am paid to do a few times a month while her mom goes to a yoga class. It is my absolute favorite, my Wren Time. I use it as a practice exercise for when I am a Grandma. When she showed up, excited in her shy way to show me her braids, I simply had to copy. Lesson Learned: Keep your hair long for as long as possible.
My day ended by watching Peter Bass while his mom went to the BYUsingers concert she was in charge of as President of this Alumni Chapter. I also used this time as a practice exercise for when I am a Grandma. It wasn't as carefree as my time with Wren, as this was the first time he has ever been left for any amount of time and he is not used to bottles so he cried and screamed bloody murder for about an hour straight, but that didn't mean I didn't have the time of my life. Lesson Learned: At times, your braids will be pulled by a screaming babe, but it doesn't really hurt that much.
I am working hard to learn the do's and don'ts of Grandparenthood. I cannot wait to enter that "hood!"
No comments:
Post a Comment