I have attachment issues.
The yellow broom is the first broom we purchased as a married couple. I LOVED that broom. So many people told me how much they hated that broom when they used it. I'm pretty sure my dad was ready to take me to the store to buy a new one once when he was using it in my large kitchen area in Bar Nunn. My dad never spends money without cause, so it must have been pretty important to bring it up. I declined, respectfully. I LOVED that broom.
Yes, it had a small head. Yes, the bristles were short from many years use. Yes, it showed it's age. But, man, was it almost like another arm. I knew that broom well. Caden was trying to help "clean" it when we got to Richland, so he put it in the sink to clean the dark edges. For some reason, the bristles folded in on themselves and would no longer push dirt around. It was ruined. I may have shed a tear or two or seventeen. Like I said, I LOVED that broom. It took me a few days, and a few stores to find a replacement. I knew what I liked. It couldn't be too soft. The bristles couldn't bend under too much pressure. After almost giving up hope I'd find something close to the one I had lost, I found it at Home Depot in the industrial section. It's perfect. I'm still getting to know it, but I can already tell it's going to see many years of use and be greatly loved. It's just the kind of person I am. Once I love you, I'm loyal till the bitter end!
No comments:
Post a Comment